Can acupuncture help with painful periods?
Many people come to clinic with painful periods. Whether you’re trying to conceive or not, painful periods are NOT normal and should always be addressed. Periods are not supposed to be painful, despite what you may have been told or assumed. In fact pain can be a sign of an underlying issues and we will always recommend further investigations and testing alongside any treatment with us.
It’s important to seek help when
- you’re pain is so bad you take pain killers and they don’t help
- you can’t work or go to school
- it keeps you awake at night
- it lasts longer than 1 to 2 days
- you have pelvic pain when you’re not on your period
- your pain has changed and/or got worse
TRACKING is one of the best ways to determine what is happening with your pain and help get a good diagnosis.
- scale your pain from 1 to 10
- record when the pain comes
- record how long it lasts
- record any pain experienced outside your period
- heaviness of flow
- energy levels
- digestive problems such as bloating, diahorrea, constipation
Our approach to painful period often involves acupuncture alongside lifestyle advice, nutrition, perhaps chinese herbs and fertility/womb massage. If you’d like to find out more please do get in touch.
Ways to work us
- Listen to our fertility podcast.
- Come and join our Facebook Community for fertility events and chat.
- Book a discovery call and find about how we can support your fertility/reproductive health.
- Book an appointment to work with us 121 in clinic.