Does stress affect my fertility? Is one of the most common questions we are asked in clinic. The research is mixed and there really is no conclusive evidence either way. What is definitive though, is that going through fertility problems is stressful and is linked to increased rates of anxiety and depression. I talk with Carly, a fertility coach, who offers a range of approaches to address feelings of stress and overwhelm.
- The stress that comes from feeling stressed
- Stress and fertility and the research that says there is no link.
- But fertility problems do cause stress, anxiety and depression
- The lack of control that comes with fertility problems
- What stress actually is
- Why it’s important to know that fertility problems are really stressful and they don’t go away when you’re told to relax/ go on holiday! (hence the podcast title!)
- Why actively seeking help and support to address the stress is vital
- Why there is no one way, whatever works for you is right
- Letting go of perfectionism
- Why fertility problems are so unfair and why that is hard to sit with
💛 If you would like to learn more about your fertility and connect with other people who are TTC, come and join our free community group “Don’t Tell Me To Relax” You can ask access our group experts and join our fertility education events and resources
💛 You can also find us on Instagram