Should I freeze my eggs? There has been a huge rise in the popularity in freezing eggs over the last 5 years. COVID is thought to be a huge factor that impacted this. Statistics show a rise of nearly 50% of enquiries into egg freezing since 2020. So what’s it all about, what’s involved and how does it work? To discuss this I am joined by Rebecca who is the Patient Services Manager at The Evewell. She is a registered midwife and has supported many people through their treatment. And she has recently frozen her own eggs, so shares both her professional and personal expriences.
- What is egg freezing?
- Why do it
- How do you assess someone’s fertility potential?
- Why an AMH assessment is relevant for egg collection
- How many eggs do you need to collect to give you reassurance for future proofing your family
- Why it is important to make these decisions on a case by case basis
- Packages v’s cycle by cycle
- Average age/ age range for egg freezing
- The importance of preparation
- What happens at the other end of the journey when you’re ready to use your eggs
- Rebecca’s experience going through egg freezing
- Rebecca’s top tips for people considering egg freezing
💛 For more information on Fertility register for Foundations for Fertility: A free 5 step Masterclass on Understanding, Optimising and Empowering your Fertility.
💛 You can also find us on Instagram