Acupuncture for IVF Support in London
Acupuncture is one the most popular therapies to use alongside IVF, with approximately 1 in 4 couples using it to help support their treatment. We offer acupuncture and other therapies across 2 London clinics, 7 days a week.
Acupuncture to support IVF is a big part of what we do here in our London clinics. We know that going through IVF can be tough and the road to this point for you has often been long and difficult. Many people come to us because they want to do everything they can to improve their chances of success and receive good care through their treatment. We understand that, and we will be here for you every step of the way.
We are all specialists in fertility and have undertaken considerable extra training in IVF and other ARTS procedures so we have a sound understanding of the treatments you will be undertaking. We are all Fertility Support Trained Acupuncturists (the gold standard in Fertility Acupuncture training) or are currently working through this vigorous qualification. Having supported hundreds of people over the years, we know that consistent and empathetic care can be a life- line through a very stressful time.
Whether you are preparing for IVF, IUI or egg freezing we are here for you. We offer appointments in clinic or online. And if you’d like to hear more about acupuncture to support fertility and IVF please see our podcast episode on the topic.
Acupuncture for fertility can help you if…
- you’re preparing to do IVF and you want to make sure you’re in the best possible health to maximise your chances of success.
- you’re undergoing IVF and are looking for extra support. A weekly place to relax and offload can really make all the difference when you’re going through treatment.
- you’re having an embryo transfer. studies show that acupuncture pre and post embryo transfer can positively impact IVF outcomes, which is why we’re open 7 days a week!
- in the two week wait, when time goes so slowly. Coming in for treatment can help address your anxiety and provide much needed care and support.
- in your first trimester, we know it has often been difficult to this point and the regular check ins from the fertility clinic have now stopped, but we can be the continuity in your care.
- your treatment hasn’t been successful, we listen, provide an empathetic ear, we’re here for you. We work to support the return of your menstrual cycle post treatment and when/if you’re ready discuss next steps.
Areas we investigate and optimise to support your health & fertility.
- Menstrual Cycle Health: irregular cycles, painful periods, heavy periods, PMS, post contraception issues
- Digestive System: bloating, pain, constipation, loose bowels and sensitivities
- Vaginal Health: repeat episodes of Thrush, BV (Bacterial Vaginosis), HPV, STD’s
- Immune System and Function: allergies, frequent illnesses
- Sleep: problems getting to sleep, staying asleep, waking up feeling tired
- Stress levels: overwhelmed and anxious and unable to settle, switch off and relax
- Lifestyle: eating habits, exercise levels, space for fun, rest and relaxation
- Male factor: if you have a partner and even if they're not coming to clinic we want to check on sperm health, testing, lifestyle and general health issues
As we are a specialist, integrated clinic, alongside acupuncture we also offer these therapies. To help you optimise your health for your fertility treatment.
” I started seeing Hannah in the lead up to our first round of IVF and following a miscarriage. Even though I was a little anxious about the needles at first, Hannah was very reassuring and I was surprised that you could hardly feel them. I found the acupuncture itself extremely relaxing. More importantly, Hannah’s fertility and woman’s health knowledge plus calming manner was completely invaluable. “