reflexology for fertility and women’s health
Reflexology is a deeply relaxing and nourishing treatment that can be great for supporting Fertility and Women’s Health.
It’s an ancient therapy with its roots in South East Asia. There is debate on how it works but the theory that makes the most sense to us is that we have so many nerve endings in our feet that by working into them we can send signals back through the body to send blood, energy, oxygen to these areas corresponding areas.
How does reflexology work?
Reflexology is all about balance. Getting your body back into the rhythms innately knows.
- so busy that your hormones are out of whack and you’re having trouble sleeping
- running on adrenaline and we need to slow you down.
- your oestrogen and progesterone levels are imbalanced leaving you feeling lethargic, fatigued and looking for a boost.
Reflexology can help. When you’re deeply relaxed, your nervous system can settle into its parasympathetic state, sometimes also called rest and digest. Through reflexology and the nurturing power of skin on skin contact you can enter this deep state of relaxation. Clients often say there enter a dreamlike state and leave the session floating out the door. And with regular sessions they really start to notice positive changes to their reproductive health.
What is reflexology good for?
Katy specialises in reflexology for Fertility and Women’s Health and trained under Barbara Scott on her Reproreflexology training. She has developed fantastic protocols that support you with whatever conditions you may have and at any time during your cycle, natural or medicated during assisted conception like IVF. Regular treatment can help with:
- The return of absent periods
- The length and regularity of their periods
- Reduced pain with bleeds, endometriosis and PCOS
- Regular ovulation and understanding how to read their body for the signs of ovulation
- Conceiving when not having been able to
- Feeling supported and heard on their journey
Many of our clients use reflexology in combination with acupuncture, nutrition, fertility massage and herbs and as an integrated practice we can make sure you get the best all round care and support to optimise your health and fertility.